Note: For privacy reasons, living people are not identified in this blog without permission.

Cheers!

If you would like to be contacted about a comment, you must leave me a way to reach you. Please include your email address. Thank you!

Follow This Blog!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Monetize

Well, many of you have probably noticed by now that I signed up to have advertising on my blog.  If people click on the ads, I receive some sort of payment if there is enough interest or something like that.   My intent here is to use any money from this to support my genealogy habit.  Yes, my habit includes a subscription to Ancestry.com which does cost money.  For now, the rest of my expenses have been minimal.

What I have discovered though is if I want to discover more about my family tree, especially in Ireland, that I will need to shell out some dollars to get documents of some value.  This is my first attempt to earn some money with my genealogy efforts.  Apparently, I can also purchase marriage certificates from the LDS Library for about $4 a pop.  The LDS Library also allows you to order up their films for $6 and makes them available to you for a few weeks at their library sites.  I live about 1 mile from one of their libraries in Sacramento.

So between cost and time, my genealogy habit may not continue to be an everyday venture (probably every other day, instead).  I will, however, continue to pursue my family tree and post here at Mine, Yours', and the Other Guy's Genealogy by zelsersk.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I would like to privately ask you a few questions about your experience with monetizing your genealogy information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it is not a money maker. So, hoping you see this comment. If you want more information, please leave me a way to reach you in the comments.

    ReplyDelete